Monday, August 17, 2009
2. A vector footprint representing all of the ortho data on the GeoStor FTP site is now available for download. We were tired of searching through the ftp to determine all of the vintages of data that might be available for a location and thought you might be as well. The file includes year, name and a direct link to the location on the ftp site.
3. Bug Fix- Ever search for soil or soils on GeoStor? Previously, no results would have been returned. This bug has been resolved. Thanks to actGeoSpatial for bringing this to our attention.
Thursday, August 13, 2009
1. View Thumbnail column returned with your search results.
2. Full listing of all metadata records with Thumbnails available at http://www.geostor.arkansas.gov/metadata/
3. Persistent unique ID added to metadata records that can be used if you need to link directly to a single result
4. Updated homepage template to align with Arkansas.gov
5. Access to additional historic data on the ftp site via additional metadata records added
On the whiteboard
1. Ability to add search results to the viewer on the fly
2. A single vector foot print that includes the name and and ftp link to all orthos available on the GeoStor ftp site
3. Written GeoStor tutorial is still on the list
Friday, August 7, 2009
Issue: Successful connections can be made to GeoStor WMS/WFS following previously provided instructions, but the user can not change the symblogoy, query, download, etc.
The following solution is based on our quick research of the problem. It took a little digging and you may have other suggestions.
ESRI has changed the way WFS are handled with AGS Server
· You must have ArGIS 9.3 or greater. We are still testing 9.2
· You must have the interoperability extension installed
· GEOSTOR_ALL_FEATURE_LAYERS times out
Go here to read the setup instructions for connecting http://webhelp.esri.com/arcgisdesktop/9.3/index.cfm?TopicName=How_to_work_with_WFS_using_ArcGIS_Desktop
You will need the urls below to connect to GeoStor Feature Services
Monday, August 3, 2009
We have heard from several of you and are working to incorporate your suggestions.
The following is now in production
* A hyperlink that automatically generates the search for files on the FTP site has been added
to the homepage
* Pagination is now enabled if your search returns more than 20 results
* More data becoming available, look for announcements
- Ability to see the metadata thumbnails in the search result
- Ability to add search results to the viewer on the fly
Several tutorials are available on YouTube. We are working on a written pdf tutorial that several of you have requested.
How are those AGS services working?